Recently, Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals signed a memorandum of understanding with the International Association of Marine Port Executives to offer Inland Port Manager (IPM) and Inland Marine Port Executive (IMPE) training.
The program is based on the Maritime Port Executive program, which has been used to train over 1,100 professionals working with ocean ports. The Inland Marine Port Executive program, developed in cooperation with IRPT’s Education Committee, is the first program of its kind that has been specifically designed with the needs of inland port professionals in mind.
The Inland Port Manager covers:
1. International Transportation System, Modes and Logistics
2. Worldwide Port Industry and Maritime Industry Trends
2a. The Inland River System
4. Public Port Governance Structures and Management
5. Port and Terminal Administration and Finance
6. Intermodal Marine and Cargo Facilities
7. Port and Intermodal Terminal Operations
8. International and National Regulatory Requirements
9. Port & Terminal Safety, Security and Emergency Planning
The IPM is a 2-day course offered at $1,000 and is a prerequisite for the Inland Marine Port Executive training, but can be taken concurrently).
The Inland Marine Port Executive covers:
11. Port Infrastructure-Waterways, Road and Rail Access
12. Port and Terminal Property Management and Risk Factors
14. Cargo Processes and Management, Chartering and Carriage
15. Cost and Pricing of Transportation, Application of the O/D Analysis
16. Port and Terminal Business Development and Planning
18. Marine Terminal and Port Tariffs, Regulations and Operating Plans
19. Public Relations, Information Systems and Media Planning
20. Strategic, Master Transportation and Cargo Planning Processes
The IMPE is a 2 1/2-day course offered at $1,000.
The Inaugural Class was held in St. Louis the week of October 31st thru November 4th. IRPT is proud to announce and congratulate graduates of the Inland Marine Port Executive program:
Ed Weilbacher, Kaskaskia Regional Port District
Branden Criman, Maritime Administration
Mandi Brink, Southeast Missouri Port Authority
Dennis Wilmsmeyer, America’s Central Port
Susan Taylor, St. Louis Port Authority
Ben McCall, America’s Central Port
Paul Zimmerman, Port of New Orleans
Rich Diffley, Lange-Stegmann Company
Susan Livorsi, Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals
Randy Carmichael, Upper Mississippi River Fleeting
Fred Taylor, Oakley’s Port 33
Cary Harbison, Southeast Missouri Port Authority
Pete Colangelo, Ozinga Materials
Lee DeLorge, Green Plaines
Aimee Andres, Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals
In keeping with the standards set forth by the International Association of Maritime and Port Executives and having met the requirements of the Inland Port and Waterways Management Program, we officially congratulate the above recipients for their hard work, dedication and stewardship to the inland marine industry.
A very special thank you to our generous sponsors for their hospitality:
America’s Central Port
A very special thank you to Captain Jeff Monroe, Director of Education for the International Association of Maritime and Port Executives for hearing the call and answering the needs for education of the inland maritime industry.
The next Inland Port Manager and Inland Marine Port Executive class will be held April 3rd thru April 7th in Pittsburgh!