Thank you to all of the Speakers and Participants at the Recent GIWW/Southern Rivers workshop held in partnership by Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals (IRPT) and Maritime Administration (MARAD).
An attendee list is attached. I don’t have permission to share everyone’s contact so if you would like an intro to someone in particular, please let me know.
To access the presentations shown on February 22nd, please click on the title below. You will notice there are a few still missing and if I receive those from the presenters, I will be sure to pass them along.:
- Overview of the National, State and Regional Funding Programs:
Fred Jones, Maritime Administration
Travis Black, Maritime Administration
Libby Ogard, Prime Focus LLC
- State Freight Plans and how the Waterways are incorporated into:
Robby Burt, Mississippi DOT
Connie Betts, Louisiana DOT
- Port Strategic Planning, Improvements and Networking Opportunities:
Judith Adams, Alabama State Port Authority
Amy Miller, Port of Pensacola
- Market Analysis Tips and Experiences:
James Murphy, Maritime Administration
Aimee Andres, Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals, Inc.
- Market Needs (Challenges and Opportunities):
Kristi App, JW Allen
Cole Bernstein Trosclair, CH Powell
Brian Jones, Nucor Steel
- Industry Experiences, Opportunities and Challenges:
Marine Highways: Greg Johnson, Port of Greater Baton Rouge
TIGER Grants: Don Brinkman, Port of Lake Charles
Port Security: Cindy Cutrera, Port of Morgan City
- Tonnage Reporting and Port Boundary Recognition:
Dale Brown, Waterborne Commerce Statistics Center
- Container on Barge (Challenges and Opportunities)
Patrick Jefferson, Virginia Port Authority
Richard Teubner, Seacor, AMH
Special thanks to Basin Commerce for sponsoring the workshop’s lunch.
Basin Commerce is an online marketplace where shippers of bulk freight can locate and purchase transportation and logistics services on the US Inland Waterway System. The online marketplace is call ibookfreight.com. Using the new ibookfreight (online freight booking system) creates modal competition and lowers the cost of transporting your goods. Please access ibookfreight here.
A few action items for your consideration include:
- To register to receive alerts from grants.gov, please subscribe here: www.grants.gov;
- To view State Grant Resources published by the Grantsmanship Center, please visit: www.tgci.com/funding-sources
- If you have tonnage related concerns or boundary questions, you can contact me directly or email Dale Brown at email@example.com
Aimee Andres, AMPE
Inland Rivers, Ports and Terminals, Inc.
One Confluence Way
East Alton, IL 62024
Phone (618) 468-3010
Rediscover the strength of America’s Inland Rivers