This position involves some level of independent judgment. Duties include performing clerical work requiring the application of various work methods and procedures which may be complex. This employee will be required to interpret the BND Tariff and departmental policies and practices.
- Prepares accounts receivable billing.
- Reviews and posts Accounts Receivable receipts and invoices.
- Reviews vessel information accumulated in the Klein Program and generates vessel invoices.
- Prepares Preliminary Cargo Statistic Information.
- Prepares and posts, subject to approval, Accounts Payable vouchers and other vendor payments.
- Prepares payroll checks and periodic payroll reports.
- Makes Federal Tax Deposits for payroll-related obligations.
- Maintains payroll files.
- Maintains ledgers as appropriate to assigned duties, including payroll deductions reconciliations, tax collections ledger and the overweight permits ledger.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of bank statements.
- Assures daily and other periodic backup of data files are completed.
- Performs a cash verification on cash deposits from other departments.
- Issues receipts for payments, including cash payments.
- Maintains files assuring discrete handling of confidential material.
- May be called upon to perform receptionist duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The above duties may not be performed in every position with this title and the above functions may not include all related duties that might be performed.
The Port of Brownsville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization. The Port of Brownsville prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org