The Loader/Operator position with IRHR is an entry level position. The Loader/Operator safely operates front-end loaders, tests sand consistencies to assure quality, and performs general labor functions required in the loading, transportation and delivery of the sand and gravel product.
- Safely operates hydraulic front-end loaders in loading of product into truck bed.
- Starts engine, shifts gears, presses pedals, and turns steering wheel to operate loader.
- Moves levers to lower and tilt bucket and drives front-end loader to force bucket into bulk materials.
- Moves levers to raise and tilt bucket when filled, drives vehicle to trucks, and moves levers to dump material
- Verifies amount of aggregate in storage bins and fills hoppers to ensure adequate quantity and quality of raw materials is maintained
- Performs routine maintenance on loaders, such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
- Monitors and services conveyor used in the transportation of product from the barge to storage areas.
- Analyzes, monitors, and adjusts sieve screen to assure quality of product
- Performs daily inspections of equipment and loader before and after use.
- Performs daily pre and post trip inspections of equipment and completes inspection sheets.
- Performs preventative maintenance on the conveyors, loaders, and other equipment as required.
- Uses hand and foot controls to maneuver and position loader forward or backward during the loading process.
- Maintains and reviews maintenance logs for repair.
- Maintains an effective system of communications with supervisors, drivers and crew, and customers serviced.
- Properly and accurately completes daily paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- One-year experience operating front end loader.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High school diploma or GED
- Regularly sitting while operating loader.
- Constantly climbing and descending steps while entering or existing loader to a height of approximately 5 feet.
- Regularly walking to complete loading, positioning of conveyor, and various tasks associated with daily loading and delivery of product.
- Occasionally lifts to shoulder and/or front carries of tools and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds from a ground/floor height to a height of 60 inches for distances of up 75 feet.
- Lift approximately 25 lbs., in to carrying parts and tools to all areas of the loader and plant.
- Regularly moving and rotating arms up to 360 degrees in turning and maneuvering loader.
- Regularly pushing with legs and feet to maneuver loader during driving and positioning bucket.
- Regularly pushing and pulling of forces of to 100 pounds to operate loader.
- Occasionally rotates trunk/torso left-right to complete various tasks associated with the daily/occasional work activities.
- Frequently reaches shoulder level height of between 48-60 inches to complete various tasks associated with truck positioning or position of the dump bed.
- Occasionally ascends and descends ladders, steps and various surface levels.
- Occasionally kneels, crouches, crawls, or squats to complete various tasks associated with the daily/periodic task of loading trucks and operating sand plant.
- Constantly maintains both static and dynamic balance to complete various duties associated with work activities requiring standing, walking and climbing.
- The standard work schedule for is 5 days per week, 10 hours per day.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to vibration and low-level noise in the work environment.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dust from material.
- The employee is regularly exposed to daylight and night time operations.
- The employee may occasionally be outside in adverse weather conditions.
COMPETENCIES: Communications, Leadership, Problem Solving, Technical, Safety Job Type: Full-time Experience:
- Loader Operator: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
To apply for this position, please visit: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=IRHR&l&vjk=c7b2efadc8a01c14