This job is primarily responsible for working at a facility that loads and unloads barges and trucks. This is a general position that performs a wide variety of duties that are based on the daily needs of the operation; may include cleaning and repair of barges.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
(Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility).
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform deckhand responsibilities e.g., reading drafts, opening/closing lids, tying off barges, etc.
- Perform all barge loading duties e.g., loading barges to meet draft and quality requirements and oversees deckhand(s). Note: Generally the duty of the most highly qualified person(s).
- Perform duties to transfer, load and move grain to appropriate location, where applicable.
- Perform duties required to maintain grain quality while being stored and/or transferred.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Perform general clean-up including sweeping, shoveling, washing, painting and other general housekeeping responsibilities.
- Perform preventative maintenance and/or repairs, where applicable.
- Dependent on facility and location, may be responsible for any variety of the following; unloading barges, cleaning barges, movement of product to storage, loading of trucks using heavy equipment, loading of rail, loading of products to required specifications; operating, running, monitoring, and shutting down dryer; operating a variety of heavy equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1970, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain, transportation, and risk management industries. Today, CGB operates a global enterprise with nearly 100 locations and over 2,500 US employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers.
CGB’s diverse group of businesses include domestic grain operations, farmer risk management services, inter-modal bulk product terminaling, vessel anchorage & stevedore services, barge-rail-truck logistical and transportation services, barge fleeting & shipyard repair services, oilseed processing, and mortgage financial services. The combination of their assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating 50 years of strength and stability!
To apply for this position: