WATCO is accepting applications for an Account Manager (Jonesboro and Springdale, AR; Duluth, GA; Chicago, IL; Moon-Township, PA)
Under limited supervision, the Account Manager of Watco Logistics is responsible for the overall “day-to-day” freight management of shipments and/or customer accounts. This position plays a critical role in providing quality service to customers, encouraging team morale and performance, while maintaining a positive culture within the branch. It is essential for the Account Manager to conduct the necessary activities to deliver the desired results, garner customers' trust and produce above average gross revenue and profits to ensure the branch’s annual goals and objectives are met. This position has various responsibilities including freight sales, customer spot pricing, carrier price negotiation, and operational duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop carrier and customer base
- Utilize various prospecting methods to generate new sales leads and solicit freight
- Cultivate sustainable customer relationships and encourage customer growth
- Deliver cost-effective solutions that will attract and retain customers
- Manage broker and customer service aspects of assigned shipments and/or customer accounts
- Effectively communicate with customers, carriers and internal teams
- Manage operations and ensure operating procedures and protocols are followed
- Support customers with pricing, operations and payment-related issues
- Manage spot pricing and carrier negotiations
- Provide support to operations and other internal teams
- Conduct on-site customer visits as needed
- Manage other duties as necessary
- 2 years brokerage operations experience preferred
- Significant highway service knowledge, including demonstrable direct relationships within the shipping community
- Experience with sales and business development
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must possess basic computer skills- proficient with MS Excel and MS Word; generate ad hoc reports
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently to making decisions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to engage in oral and written communication effectively with individuals on all levels including customers and internal teams
- Ability to apply practical knowledge to resolve issues and address customer concerns
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive team member and supplier contact and frequent interruptions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms as well as speak, hear and see clearly. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Not only do we offer industry leading benefits, competitive pay, vacation and 401k, we also have a top of the line training program, Watco University, to educate our team members and help them to grow their career to the next level.
Watco Companies, LLC, is a leading transportation and supply chain logistics company. Meeting customer needs on a day-to-day basis has enabled Watco to continually grow throughout their nearly 40-year history. Today, Watco provides transportation; material handling and warehouse; design and development; repair and custom projects for customers throughout North America and Australia.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Watco Companies, LLC here.