J.F. Brennan Company is accepting applications for an Accounting Intern in La Crosse, WI.
J.F. Brennan Company (Brennan) is seeking talented and motivated Accounting interns for the summer!
The Accounting Intern will have the opportunity to learn Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger Entry and Reconciliation processes as well as Financial Reporting. This is an opportunity to develop accounting skills, experience professional growth, and make significant contributions to our company.
- Assist with audit preparations
- Assist with electronic Accounts Receivable administration
- Responsible for various monthly/quarterly GL account reconciliations
- Assist with accounts payable duties
- Assist with payroll functions
- Responsible for new project set ups in accounting
- Assist with certified payrolls
- Assist with coding weekly payroll
- Assist with Annual State reporting
- Other accounting related tasks as requested
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of detail orientation with excellent follow-up skills
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and re-prioritize at a moment’s notice
- Professional attitude and demeanor required
- Enjoy working in an office environment with computers/software and assisting others
- Friendly with excellent verbal communication skills
- Team player with strong work ethic and exceptional customer service skills
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Currently enrolled in an Associate or Bachelor’s degree program for Accounting or Finance
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water- based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the seventh year in a row recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplace in Construction.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.