SSA Marine is accepting applications for an Accounting Manager (Seattle, WA)
The Accounting Manager – Carrix, Shared Services is responsible for timely and accurate consolidation and preparation of internal financial statements for the parent company with operations domestically and internationally. In addition, this position will respond to external audit requests and provide support as it pertains to the consolidated group.
- Responsible for managing a team of fixed assets and cash accounting professionals to develop and administer the accounting systems, practices and controls of acceptable accounting processes.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Achieve accounting objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Ensure intercompany and related party transactions are identified, properly recorded, and eliminated.
- Review the consolidated statement of cash flows.
- Coordinate and ensure accurate and timely consolidation and preparation of monthly reporting package for parent company.
- Collaborate with other accounting department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work, including the fixed asset and cash processes, to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance workflow of the department.
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Analyze complex financial reports and records.
- Participate in internal and external audits to ensure compliance is being met consistently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Seven plus years progressively responsible experience in accounting.
- Public accounting or advisory experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Extensive experience reviewing intercompany transactions and complex consolidation activity to ensure proper elimination and presentation in consolidated and standalone financial statements.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, as well as Blackline and Hyperion systems.
- Advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up‐front guidance and take ownership of work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes - 4 employees in the Cash, Fixed Asset, and International groups
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate‐controlled office environment.
· Exposure to computer screens.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all‐inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all‐inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
SSA Marine is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.