Bowers & Company CPA’s is accepting applications for an Accounting Services Specialist (Syracuse and Watertown, NY).
Job Summary: Due to continued growth in our client base, our Firm is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper for our Syracuse / Watertown office to service needs in our Client Accounting Services department. We offer tremendous growth and development opportunities, flexible work schedules, and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- A/P - Responsible for timely, efficient processing and accurate payment of vendor invoices, researching and resolving problem invoices
- A/R - Entering invoices, applying payments to appropriate accounts, reconciling customer accounts, and handling customer inquiries
- Banking - Perform monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare Financial Statements: Balance Sheet, Income Statement on a monthly basis
- Assist with Financial Reporting
- Assist with payroll functions, including routine processing, tax payments and payroll tax return preparation and filings as necessary
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to learn new programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong ability to work with others
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Able to manage priorities and workflow
- 2+ Years of related experience preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
Bowers & Company CPA’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bowers & Company CPAs, PLLC is a firm of certified public accountants offering a wide range of services in the areas of accounting, auditing, taxation, and consulting. The Firm was originally established in 1977 as a result of a desire to offer the same high-quality services of the national firms, but with a personalized approach more appropriate to small and medium-sized companies. Since its formation, Bowers has experienced strong, steady growth to its present size of 19 partners and a staff of over 80 professionals, representing clients with operations in over thirty-five states and numerous international locations.
The Firm's structure is organized by specialties with separate audit and accounting, tax, and business consulting departments. We have a diverse client base and have specific industry knowledge in Not-for-Profit, Government, Manufacturing, Transportation, Convenience Stores, Real Estate, and Construction.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.