Taylor Machine Works, Inc. is accepting applications for an Assembler (Clinton, MS)
1. Lays out, drills, taps, and assembles electrical sub-panels and enclosures.
2. Mounts and interconnects components to equipment, per blueprints.
3. Provides in-house and in-field electrical service support as needed.
4. Fits together parts and subassemblies to build, diesel generators, and gas engine-generator sets, using machinist's tools, precision instruments, and following blueprints and specifications.
5. Files and scrapes burrs from parts and cleans parts with solvent and compressed air.
6. Positions rotors and armatures into stator or field ring and slides heads over shaft and against housing ends manually or with hoist.
7. Secures assembly, using bolts and wrenches.
8. Aligns heads to allow rotor or armature to turn freely and inserts shims under rotor support to adjust airgap between rotor and stator, measuring clearance with precision instruments.
9. Packs chamber with grease to lubricate bearings.
10. Assembles external parts, such as fans, covers, exciters, control panels, space heaters, and piping, to build special units.
11. May level and align unit on customer's bedplate or on test base in testing department and couple unit to drive motor or test instruments.
12. May dismantle equipment after testing and examine parts for evidence of wear.
13. May be designated according to power source of unit as Engine-Generator Assembler.
14. Fits or welds parts together.
15. Some assemblies require the use of adhesives and poxies.
16. Assemblers may work on subassemblies or finished products.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent.
• Experience with Power Generation would be a plus.
• Must have good technical problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Must work well with others and possess good people skills.
• Job requires stooping, bending, climbing, and capability of lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to read and interpret instructions.
• Skills to perform mechanical assembly jobs using small hand tools.
• Must pass test to operate fork-lift.
Our Mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality products in the world and to back them up with the most responsive aftermarket service organization available while maintaining a sound financial structure for our shareholders, vendors, community, and customers. From Service Center Managers, Engineers to General Technicians and Assemblers, we have career opportunities that reward for results. In addition, we believe in providing our employees with a challenging and rewarding environment in which to grow and prosper.
Taylor Machine Works, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information and to apply for any of these positions click here.
Learn more about Taylor Machine Works, Inc. here.