Consolidated Terminals and Logistics Company (CTLC), a division of CGB Enterprises, Inc., is looking for an Assistant Accounting Manager in West Memphis, AR and St. Louis, MO.
This job is primarily responsible for assisting with accounting operations and reporting. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, recording, classifying, examining, and analyzing fiscal transaction and preparing financial reports, interpretation of the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, reports submitted by others, and general accounting issues. May be responsible for management of a staff, or may work as an independent specialized Accounting role.
In this job, you will:
All job duties may or may not be performed by all job incumbents, may vary dependent on assigned department.
- Protect company assets through use of judgment, monitoring internal control effectiveness, and observation, as well as maintaining complete and accurate fixed asset records.
- Assist management by supervising the operations of the accounting department; including control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Monitor and manage the company's daily cash position; ensures liquidity.
- Prepare or assist in preparations of income, sales, property, and state tax returns.
- Work with manager to ensure timely and complete month end closing, financial reporting, account reconciliation, review of financial statements, forecasting, monitoring budgets, and maintains fixed assets.
- Monitor business activities to maintain compliance with laws and internal guidelines.
- Review and approve credit applications and limits.
- Monitor and work with manager for property taxes, sales taxes, and commodity grain assessment remittances.
- Work with manager to add and/or maintain discount and premium codes and tables.
- Work with manager in audit preparations, including preparing reports and requested information; may participate in the annual risk assessment process.
- May supervise and coach assigned staff, including recommendations for hiring, scheduling, training, promoting, performance related issues, and firing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required – Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Required – One year of accounting experience.
Preferred – Industry specific experience.
Preferred – CPA or CMA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; strong use of database and spreadsheet applications (Excel).
- Working knowledge of the theory and practice of accounting (i.e. fixed assets, receivables, cash processes, internal revenue code, tax, reconciliation, financial statements, and processes).
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial software programs, and automated data processing systems/programs (depending on area of assignment).
- Knowledge of forecasting, statistical modeling; including variance analysis.
- Basic knowledge of sales and use tax (depending on area of assignment).
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret data and present findings.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with ability to remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively supervise and coach subordinates, including ability to communicate regarding performance.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Ability to work extended hours; outside normal business hours, evenings, weekends, holidays.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently respond to rapidly changing environment.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
- This is a full-time position working in our office in St. Louis.
- 15-20% Travel required.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CTLC possesses one of the largest and most sophisticated networks of assets and manpower in the U.S. It has become one of the major logistics providers and handlers of bulk commodities and products throughout the middle and lower United States. In addition, CTLC now serves the global marketplace, capable of moving customers’ products from anywhere in the world to its final destination in the United States, and vice versa. From trucking to ocean freight, CTLC is an organization capable of providing world-class service with a small company attitude.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.