Italgrani is accepting applications for an Assistant Manager Transportation (St. Louis, MO)
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Italgrani is a company that produces semolina and durum pasta flours. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. All of the raw material needed to produce our finished goods is shipped to us via rail in covered hopper cars. Italgrani’s mill in St. Louis, MO is the largest semolina and durum flour mill in North America. We are situated on the Mississippi River with direct access to all major railways.
We develop partnerships with customers and carriers to move freight via covered hopper, pneumatic railcar, dry van and pneumatic trailers. This position is part of Italgrani’s transportation department and will report to the Director of Transportation. Our team works collaboratively with the Sales, QC, Production and Procurement departments to provide efficient, cost effective delivery solutions.
- Responsibilities performed focus on tracking shipments and customer service all while developing and strengthening strategic customer and carrier relationships.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with your peers, carriers and customers; respond to and handle customer complaints properly.
- Confer with coworkers to address questions, problems or requests for service.
- Knowledge and understanding of the industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of transportation management systems.
- Utilize data derived from software systems in meaningful ways.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Sound judgment, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
- Ability to follow direction and use logical thought process to interpret oral and written communications and recommend alternative solutions to mechanical problems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Perform additional job responsibilities as directed by the Director of Transportation.
- Required – Experience with Rail (bulk railcar) as well as dry van.
- Required – High school diploma or equivalent education and/or training.
- Required - Logistics: 5 years
- Excel and Word: 2 years
- 8 hour shift Monday to Friday