Rail Link Inc is accepting applications for Assistant Site Manager (Annapolis, MO)
The person in this position assists the Site Manager in managing the safety performance, operating practices, customer satisfaction, and financial productivity of the operation to which he or she is assigned.
- Work with the site manager to promote a safe work environment
- Know customer requirements of assigned operation and assist in implementing work processes to exceed customer expectations
- Assist in railcar switching and related functions as required
- Train and develop employees
- Take a leadership role in supervising crews, controlling expenses, and helping maintain payroll within the targeted budget
- Represent the company at customer meetings and interface with serving railroads when needed to protect customer and the company’s best interests
- Assist in conducting incident investigations, provide proper notification and documentation
- Develop a management style consistent with company’s core values, encourages results-oriented performance from all employees
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of work experience in a railroad related industry; knowledge and understanding of operating rules and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of safety rules and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work off-hours to make contact with customer and employees working any shift
- Good computer skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.