Assistant Superintendent (Scott City, MO)
Consolidated Terminals is accepting applications for an Assistant Superintendent in Scott City, MO. Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally, and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and nearly 2,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!
Are you hungry to be a game changer in the agricultural industry with a company that is innovative and growing? At CGB, we are looking for motivated individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit to come grow with us!
This job is an individual contributor role primarily responsible for learning all aspects of the Superintendent role to begin overseeing the day-to-day operations at the assigned location. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, logistics, inventory, quality, and customer service.
In this job, you will:
- Assist with leading, directing, and communicating company's safety program to assigned facility staff.
- Plan staffing schedules and direct work duties to assigned facility staff.
- Determine need for and schedule Barge/Rail/Grain Inspector as appropriate.
- Conduct quality internal audits as required.
- Schedule and moderate monthly safety meetings and perform safety audits as directed.
- Communicate with applicable departmental staff to ensure collaboration on various services (i.e. Marine Services for barge movements, Merchandisers and CTLC to meet Loading/Transfer needs).
- Oversee related certification processes, and all related actions needed to maintain certification; where applicable.
- Ensure staff and facilities are compliant with all applicable state and federal regulations; take appropriate actions to correct/report incidents/findings where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required - Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Preferred - One year experience in an operations role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong decision making and conflict management skills.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, with ability to remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Ability to effective coach, mentor, and lead staff to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Travel, up to 50% - dependent on location.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Consolidated Terminals here.