Patrick Engineering is accepting applications for an Associate Project Manager - Design/Build (Lisle, IL)
Patrick is a national engineering and design, construction, management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies; private and public utilities; and FORTUNE 500 companies. Having worked in all 50 states, six different countries and proven ourselves as a trusted partner, clients turn to us for the entire process of project delivery - from planning through construction to operation and maintenance. Patrick accomplishes this with a full suite of engineering disciplines, experienced construction managers, program management and project controls experts, and GIS and asset management technology specialists. We serve clients in the transportation, utility and renewable, industrial infrastructure, and federal and institutional markets. We take pride knowing the projects we work on have a positive effect on the community, society, and the environment.
The Associate Project Manager will assist the Project Manager and project team in the management of construction and design-build projects and the pursuit of proposal opportunities.
Specific job activities to include:
- Projects primarily in the private industrial space, with a focus on civil, structural, and electrical infrastructure improvements.
- Participate in the preparation, management, and coordination of all aspects of a project including:
- Project management, scheduling, and cost management
- Produce estimates, complete take-offs
- Subcontractor/vendor procurement and management
- Budget Development and Tracking
- Self-perform work management
- Client communication
- Participate in proposal meetings with the owner to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
- Work closely with owners and the design team to develop preliminary concept drawings.
- Develop solutions to technical and business problems that could impede projects
- Demonstrate excellent technical and professional skills commensurate with years of experience
- Demonstrate a proactive, collaborative approach with project team members, client representatives, sub-consultants, contractors, review agencies and others as appropriate for the project.
- Travel occasionally for projects.
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field
- 0-5 years of experience; Professional Engineering License or EIT Certificate is a plus
- Strong computer skills, specifically in the area of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; HCSS, P6, and Agtek preferred.
- Strong technical written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas
- Self-starter who can work independently or part of a multi-discipline team
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.