Hanson Professional Services, Inc. is accepting applications for an Associate Project Manager (Miami, FL)
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill a full time Associate Project Manager position in our Miami, FL office.
Hanson is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA
This position requires management of the full project life cycle to meet client and Hanson’s expectations regarding scope, budget/financial performance, schedule, quality, communications, risk management and health and safety of project staff. The successful candidate will work directly or indirectly with clients and senior project managers. He or she will coordinate with Practice Areas to staff each project and will subcontract as needed to fulfill project and client needs. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative project-team culture. The job generally requires some overtime hours, especially around end-of-month accounting deadlines and when there are overlapping project schedules.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
A project manager is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, executing, and controlling/monitoring of the scope of services, budget, schedule, deliverables, and resources to accomplish the project objectives. An Associate Project Manager (APM) position precedes the Project Manager and Senior Project Manager positions at Hanson. APMs typically manage smaller, less complex projects and assist Project Managers and Senior Project Managers with larger more complex projects.
The responsibilities of the Associate Project Manager (APM) include:
- Collaborate with technical staff within the Practice Areas Interact with construction contractors, their staff, and subcontractors Guide and participate in assembling reports, plans, specifications, and other contract documents
- Meet with clients to take detailed project scoping briefs and clarify the specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Plan and conduct project team
- meetings, both internal and external
- Other duties as assigned
- Can demonstrate knowledge of accrual-based revenue recognition process and has ability to
- read and understand project budget/financial reports
- Can generate scope and fee for single task professional service agreements
- Can demonstrate understanding of earned value methodology
- Can demonstrate understanding of basic accounting terms
- Has led meetings on behalf of a project manger
- Has demonstrated commitment to quality control procedures
- Demonstrates understanding of billing and accounts receivables procedures
- Has completed a training program focused on Project Management
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts to engineers, clients, and public stakeholders
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external client bases
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new
- technical skills
- Interest in experiencing a variety of assignments is important
- 4-6 years’ experience in technical task management or acting as an assistant project manger
- Familiarity with collaboration and time management software tools (eg. SmartSheet, iAccess, Vision Resource/Project Planning) or ability to learn them
- Experience with project process workflow
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) a plus
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Project
- Excellent project team and client-facing communication skills
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts to engineers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external client bases and be able to effectively work with and manage project staff
- Must have proven ability to comfortably speak publicly and interact positively with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors, though to a lesser degree than Project Managers or Senior Project Managers
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills
Working at Hanson:
- Must be able to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices
- Must be willing to accept periodic out-of-town travel assignments
- Must be willing and able to work overtime to meet project demands and deadlines
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS
Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to January 4, 2022, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to the Hanson HR Team. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
Hanson specializes in engineering, planning and a range of allied services. We’re an employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm with offices across the United States.
Since 1954, our clients have known us as a trusted partner, committed to their success and capable of handling challenging projects. From planning and design to construction and completion, we’ll take a hands-on approach to your project with a clear focus on your goals, budget and timeline.
For more information and to apply click here.