Yager Materials is seeking to hire a Barge Man (Owensboro, KY)
Yager Materials Provides a competitive compensation package:
- Group medical/pharmacy insurance options with company funded health care spending accounts
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- A 401k account with company contribution and matching contribution
- A robust Wellness program with financial rewards
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance (employee, spouse, and child) and additional employee long-term disability insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid holidays and paid vacation time
- Tuition benefits including professional certifications
- Employee referral program
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Knows the various types of equipment attached to boats and barges for fastening
- Timber heads
- Closed chock
- Maintains barges in proper condition
- General knowledge of operation of dredge
- Knows communication signals used on dredges
- Loads barges according to the instruction of the engineer
- Assists engineer in routine maintains of all equipment on dredge
READY TO JOIN A ROCK-SOLID FAMILY?
Carmeuse started out as a small family-run business in Belgium.
Today it’s a leading global producer of lime, high calcium limestone and dolomitic stone. Its products are essential to energy producers, environmental services, construction and manufacturing.
With over 90 production facilities spread across almost every continent, and over 4,500 employees working at Carmeuse every day, the company’s most treasured resources are its people.
Carmeuse is dedicated to maintaining a workplace that fosters equal opportunity and creates a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require particular assistance with any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you can submit your request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This option is reserved for people requiring adaptation due to a disability. The information received will be processed by Carmeuse and then directed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure the proper consideration of the application or hiring process.
ABOUT THE TEAM
With over 100 years of experience, Owensboro, KY has been home to Yager Materials. During this time, Yager has grown to become a premiere producer and service provider within the community and the various yards supplied along the Ohio River. In 2019, Yager Materials merged with Carmeuse Lime & Stone to leverage each company’s strengths to provide our customers with the superior construction services and further diversify our construction portfolio. • Construction Services - Yager has the experience, equipment, and innovative technology to handle all of your construction needs, as small as renting a vehicle to constructing highways for the public and private sector. • Asphalt - Offering environmentally friendly asphalt paving service using hot and warm mix technologies and offering high recycle capabilities. • Aggregate - A leading supplier of construction stone, derrick stone, rip-rap, decorative stone, gravel and sand. • Ready-Mix Concrete - Foremost concrete provider in Western Kentucky, supplying concrete for commercial, residential, and public projects. • Marine - Utilizing our state of the art facility, we build and repair traditional and specialized barges.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Yager Materials here.