Terral River Service, Inc. is accepting applications for a Barge Worker (Decatur, AL; Blytheville, AR)
Terral River Service, Inc. is currently looking for dependable and hard-working Barge Workers for our cleaning docks. Experience is preferred but not required. TRS has a very aggressive training program for intercompany advancement.
Essential Job Functions:
Applicants must be able to work variable schedules. Job duties are as follows, but not limited to:
- Securing barges
- Handling fire hose
- General labor (sweeping, shoveling, etc.)
- Operating equipment (skid steer, backhoe, crane)
- General maintenance
- Maintaining required paperwork
- YOU MUST BE COACHABLE!!!
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain a valid/current Drivers license.
- Must have dependable transportation to designated TRS locations, no exceptions.
- Must be able to work various hours/holidays/weekends.
- Must meet "fit for duty" requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical, drug test, and MRI).
- The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces.
- Must be able to work in difficult conditions with exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, wind, heat, etc.).
- Must be comfortable working barges.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 40 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
About Terral River Service, Inc:
Terral River Service (TRS) is a Family owned business with a continually growing footprint of boats and barges throughout most of the inland waterway system of the US. We specialize in bulk storage, material handling, river, road and rail logistics along the Mississippi River system, the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway and the inland waterways of Louisiana and southern Arkansas. With our growing fleet of push boats, river barges and modern dock operations strategically located throughout the Lower Mississippi River Valley, we are outfitted to transport, handle and store virtually any commodity needed in the marketplace. TRS has over 400 employees and has operations in multiple states.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Terral River Service, Inc. here.