ACBL: BI Developer (Jeffersonville, IN)
American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) has a BI Developer position available to fill.
Job Details: The BI Developer is an entry-level contributor to the Enterprise Analytics Team and is responsible for developing, maintaining, and testing SQL Queries, building reports and systems. This role also supports the creation and deployment of analytical solutions for the organization. They will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive tools and strategies that allow raw data to be transformed into business insights.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions using various technologies including SQL Server, Azure, Snowflake, Matillion, SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Python, and R. Support the development and compliance with Data Governance and the Data Dictionary.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights for the business and customer which improve, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Learns new technologies to implement within existing infrastructure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or Mathematics is required.
Years of Experience:
3-5 Years of experience in Information Technology is preferred.
Familiarity with MS SQL Server 2008 - 2017 SSRS, SSIS, SSMS, SSAS, Power BI, OBIEE, Pentaho, Snowflake, Python, R, Visual Studio, AWS or Azure.
As a leader in inland barge transportation, ACBL moves the grain, dry bulk and liquid commodities relied upon by consumers, businesses and industries every day. ACBL provides a wide array of barging solutions to meet your transportation needs and the flexibility required to support your business. With one of the nation’s largest and newest inland river barge fleets, ACBL operates the safest, most reliable and efficient equipment for transporting cargoes along 7,200 miles of U.S. inland waterways. With a fully integrated network, we provide transloading, warehousing, storage and fleeting services to support barge transportation throughout the Mississippi River System and its tributaries.
To learn more and apply for this position: