Garver is accepting applications for a BIM Technician - Water (Fayetteville, AR; College Station, TX)
Job Description: As a member of the Water Design Center, this BIM Design Technician will be responsible for coordinating CAD/BIM standards and 3D model production efforts for Garver’s Water Design Center. The BIM Design Technician will collaborate with engineers, designers, and other technicians to produce drawings on various Water Business Line (WBL) projects.
This role in the Water Design Center is one that is key to project delivery through our many offices and utilizes the latest BIM technology, Revit and AutoCAD software. Typical projects in design include site civil, structural, building mechanical, process mechanical, electrical power & light, electrical instrumentation & control, and architectural designs for:
- Water and wastewater treatment plants
- A wide variety of other water and sewer infrastructure projects, including pump stations, lift stations, conveyance, distribution, collection, and storage facilities
- Primary responsibilities of the BIM Design Technician will include:
- Developing 3D Revit models
- Creating plans, sections, and details in Revit and AutoCAD software
- Working as a team player with a group of technicians and designers, of various levels and disciplines (process, structural, mechanical, electrical etc.) and working with Project Managers and design teams to execute projects
- Arranging necessary resources for file sharing and communication to effectively share design files across the company or with clients, sub consultants, and contractors
- Maintaining strong communication with engineers and project managers to ensure timely delivery of projects and avoid any potential project conflicts
- QA/QC to ensure all projects adhere to company CAD/BIM standards
About Garver's Water Design Center
The Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs. The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom plant projects with advanced technologies. Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
- Computer aided drafting and Revit training and/or experience with a design team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree in CAD/BIM or similar 2-year degree
- Industrial or commercial design experience
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.