POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Parker Towing Company is currently hiring for engineers. Don't miss this great career opportunity. For this position, the schedule consists of 20 days on, 10 days off. A schedule of 28 days on and 14 days off is a small possibility. This position requires you to be away from home for extended periods of time. You can live anywhere and work on the river! At Parker Towing we strive to offer the best benefits for you and your family: medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, bi annual bonuses, 401k.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates must be capable of performing preventative maintenance and major maintenance procedures on the following: diesel engines and associated equipment, governors, air and electronic control systems, reduction gears, AC generators, electrical switchboards and electrical equipment, air compressors and hydraulic steering systems, refrigeration systems, air conditioning and heating systems, and sewage treatment and plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) is preferred.
- This position will be report directly to the Port Engineer and will be responsible to the towboat master for the regular performance of their job duties.
- Leadership skills and effective verbal and written communication skills are critical.
- Follow all U.S. Coast Guard regulations and requirements in order to ensure employee safety and vessel compliance.
- Assist the Captain in conducting fire emergency procedures and fire drills.
- Maintain vessel cleanliness and good working order of engine room, vessel Participate on dry-dockings and major repairs/overhauls.
- Physical demands of heavy lifting, reaching as well as standing and bending.
- Follow vessel transfer procedures.
- Maintain all engine, mechanical and fuel logs.
- All preventive maintenance including repairs when needed.
In addition to the above-specified qualifications, the successful applicant must possess a high school diploma or equivalent as well as a valid driver’s license, and successfully complete pre-employment aptitude and physical fitness testing. Requirements and responsibilities listed are not all-inclusive.