Terral River Service, Inc. is accepting applications for a Boat Pilot-Fleet (Blytheville, AR)
Terral RiverService is currently looking for U.S. Coast Guard licensed captains/pilots for our fleets and line boats. Experience is preferred but not required. TRS has a very aggressive training program for intercompany advancement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Commands pushboat.
- Commands pushboat while towing barges, ships, rigs and other vessels into and out of harbors, estuaries, straits, sounds, rivers, lakes, bays and other navigable bodies of water.
- Responsible for crew safety, vessel and tow operations through use of Terral RiverService, Inc safety practices and policies.
- Occasionally supervises or assists workers on deck to rig towlines.
- Determines course and towing speed on basis of specialized knowledge of local winds, weather, tides and current.
- Steers pushboat to push or pull vessels to destination and to berth and un-berth ships avoiding reefs, outlying shoals, and other hazards to shipping.
- Utilizes navigation devices, such as radar, sonic depth finder, compass and sextant and other aids to navigation, such as lighthouses and buoys
- Directs and occasionally assists in placement of suction hose or siphon to pump water
- from hold of barge
- Directs and assists in performance of general maintenance work.
- Ensuring all vessel personnel adhere to all U.S. Coast Guard and company policies
- Occasionally supervises or assists in operation of all vessel equipment
- Position is required to hold current license issued by U. S. Coast Guard as designated according to waters navigated and size of pushboat
- Must perform other duties such as engineer, oiler, deckhand, and cook as required.
Experience, Skills, and Education:
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC.
- Must have a current USCG Master of Towing Vessel license or higher.
- Have a Radar endorsement or Radar Certification
- Be CPR & 1st Aid Certified
- Have proficient computer skills to include E-mail, internet browsers, and navigational systems
- Knowledge of the Ohio, Tennessee, Cumberland, Tenn-Tom, Tombigbee, Black Warrior, LMR, Red, Black, Ouachita, Atchafalaya, and/or GIWW rivers and waterways are highly preferred.
- Must have dependable transportation to designated TRS locations, no exceptions.
- Must be able to work various hours/holidays/weekends.
- Must meet "fit for duty" requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical, drug test, and MRI).
- The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces.
- Must be able to work in difficult conditions with exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, wind, heat, etc.).
- Must be comfortable working aboard boats and barges.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 40 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
About Terral River Service, Inc:
Terral River Service (TRS) is a Family owned business with a continually growing footprint of boats and barges throughout most of the inland waterway system of the US. We specialize in bulk storage, material handling, river, road and rail logistics along the Mississippi River system, the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway and the inland waterways of Louisiana and southern Arkansas. With our growing fleet of push boats, river barges and modern dock operations strategically located throughout the Lower Mississippi River Valley, we are outfitted to transport, handle and store virtually any commodity needed in the marketplace. TRS has over 400 employees and has operations in multiple states.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Terral River Service, Inc. here.