Capital Sand Company is accepting applications for a Boat Pilot (Jefferson City and Kansas City, MO)
Capital Sand was founded in 1973 and is the trusted sand mining, production and distribution company throughout the Midwest. We are committed to the highest level of production quality, customer service & safety standards for you and your business.
Due to continued growth, Capital Sand is recruiting for Boat Pilots in the Mid-Missouri and KC area. Pilots will be responsible for the overall safety of the crew, barge, tow and cargo during their watch.
Work Schedule: Standard work schedule is Monday – Friday, 12-hour shift, some weekends.
- Safely navigate the barge or tow while assuring the remainder of the crew performs their daily functions
- Operate in strict compliance with all company policies and USCG compliance regulations pertaining to drug, alcohol, pollution, and safety
- Ensure vessel navigation equipment, VHF Radios, machinery, rigging, and all related equipment is in operating order.
- Maintenance of an accurate and current log.
- Timely investigate all accidents occurring during their shift involving boat and crew and make reports to main office.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Coast Guard issued Merchant Mariner Credential: Master of Towing Vessels Upon Western Rivers.
- Must have a valid TWIC card, Radar Observer Certificate and Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
- Experience in dredging operations and operating on the Missouri River is a plus.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. We offer competitive wages and great employee benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Capital will give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.