HDR, Inc. is accepting applications for a Bridge CAD/BIM Designer (Mobile, AL; Denver, CO; Jackson, MS; Charlotte, NC; Omaha, NE; Round Rock, TX)
In the role of Bridge CAD/BIM Designer, we'll count on you to:
- Prepare detailed drawings, layouts and sketches for conventional concrete and steel bridges, retaining walls and miscellaneous structures using computer-aided design software.
- Develop details for complex concrete and steel bridges which may include: prestressed concrete, cast-in-place concrete, steel plate girder, segmental and cable-stayed, and box culvert.
- Typical projects will be for highway and railway projects.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently with direction from supervisor and engineers.
- Attention to detail is highly desirable.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Associate or technical school degree, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience in bridge engineering or related projects.
- A working knowledge of Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to gather, organize and interpret data.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with project team members.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office.
- Experience in bridge structural drafting.
- Experience working with BrIM or other 3D CAD software.
- Experience interpreting as-built plans for existing structures.
- Ability to use Excel to calculate quantities for cost estimating purposes.
- Ability and willingness to perform field work as needed to assist with bridge inspection work.
- Preference given to local candidates.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply click here.