At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently in need of a Mid-Level Bridge Engineer to work as a member of our Transportation Business Group.
In this role, we will count on you to:
- Serve in a lead technical role on bridge design projects.
- Perform complex structural planning, analysis, and design for all structural aspects of transportation projects. Typical projects might include bridge (steel plate girder, prestessed concrete beams, etc.), box culvert, substructure design and retaining wall design for highway and railway projects.
- Have proven background of technical leadership on these types of projects.
- Be comfortable mentoring less-experienced staff,
- Perform as a technical specialist or project manager on mid-size projects and supervise and mentor junior engineers in the performance of engineering tasks.
- Review and/or check design calculations, estimates, and specifications produced by junior engineers and EITs.
- BSCE required.
- PE required.
- A minimum of 5 years bridge/structural design experience required.
- Must have proven hands-on experience in all aspects of bridge design projects.
- Proficiency with bridge analysis & design software programs required.
- Microsoft Office software and CAD required.
- Experience using structural analysis programs bridge design software load rating and bridge rehabilitation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills communication skills and ability to work with various teams required.
- Strong communication skills and willing to work in a team environment.
- An attitude and commitment to be an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- MSCE in Structural Engineering.
- Ability to become licensed as a PE in other US states’ jurisdictions, through the NCEES or similar is preferred.
- Experience with local DOT’s, local municipalities is strongly preferred.
- Experience with engineering software packages such as: LARSA, LEAP Bridge Enterprise, FB-MultiPier, LPile, AASHTOWare BrR, midas Civil, MDX, SAP2000, CSiBridge, ADINA, RM Bridge, spColumn, LUSAS, STLBridgeLRFD, or STLBridge
- Experience preparing responses to contractor request for information (RFIs) and reviewing shop drawings for bridge and miscellaneous structures projects is preferred.
- Experience with Design/Build projects is a plus.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success; which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. Typical starting pay range for this position:
: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Texas-Round Rock, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Washington-Bellevue, United States-South Dakota-Sioux Falls, United States-California-Long Beach, United States-Alabama-Mobile, United States-Pennsylvania-Bethlehem, United States-Tennessee-Nashville, United States-New Jersey-Newark, United States-Oregon-Salem, United States-Montana-Missoula, United States-District of Columbia-Washington DC, United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque, United States-New York-White Plains, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-California-Irvine, United States-South Carolina-Rock Hill, United States-Mississippi-Jackson, United States-Nevada-Reno, United States-South Carolina-Charleston, United States-Virginia-Roanoke, United States-New Jersey-Lawrenceville, United States-Iowa-Des Moines, United States-New York-Albany, United States-South Carolina-Columbia, United States-Virginia-Vienna, United States-California-Folsom, United States-Oregon-Portland, United States-Montana-Bozeman, United States-Alaska-Anchorage, United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis, United States-Indiana-Indianapolis, United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh, United States-Nevada-Las Vegas, United States-Montana-Billings, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Washington-Spokane, United States-California-San Diego, United States-Rhode Island-Kingston, United States-Michigan-Lansing, United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, United States-Virginia-Glen Allen, United States-Louisiana-Metairie, United States-Virginia-Virginia Beach, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Nebraska-Omaha, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-Connecticut-Rocky Hill, United States-California-Santa Ana, United States-New York-New York, United States-Arizona-Tucson, United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor, United States-Arkansas-Little Rock, United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg, United States-North Carolina-Winston-Salem, United States-Washington-Olympia, United States-Washington-Vancouver, United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-South Carolina-Greenville, United States-Idaho-Coeur d'Alene, United States-Pennsylvania-Plymouth Meeting, United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-New Hampshire-Manchester, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-Idaho-Boise, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-Ohio-Cleveland, United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-West Virginia-Charleston, United States-Ohio-Columbus, United States-Kentucky-Lexington