Marine Solutions is accepting applications for a Bridge Inspection Project Manager (Rosedale, MD)
SUMMARY: The Project Manager is responsible for the successful completion of bridge inspection projects.
Duties & essential job functions:
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for projects of varying size and complexity from inception to completion.
- Takes an active role in contract negotiations, project planning, project quality and project profitability.
- Oversees project budgets.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Ensures accurate client billings and monitors outstanding accounts receivable.
- Directs and/or performs field inspection and evaluation of bridge structures in compliance with established inspection programs.
- Directs and/or performs the testing of materials, interprets test results and incorporates results into reports to ensure project specification compliance.
- Directs and/or performs complex engineering computations involving conventional engineering practices.
- Directs the preparation of comprehensive bridge inspection reports.
- Directs and supervises the work of team leaders, engineers, technicians, drafters and administrative staff.
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in computer assisted engineering and office software and equipment to prepare engineering documents.
- Leads internal and external project meetings and works to actively resolve any project issues.
- Provides leadership in client management, proposal preparation, project scoping and estimating project costs.
- Responsible for maintaining meaningful relationships with clients.
- Actively observes and acts in an appropriate manner related to safety.
- Is available to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours.
- Is active in technical societies.
- Publishes engineering papers and/or articles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and/or master’s degree in civil, structural or ocean engineering from an accredited four-year university and a minimum of 7 years of bridge inspection experience including at least 3 years of bridge inspection project management experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- FHWA-NHI #130055 – Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
- FHWA-NHI #130053 – Bridge Inspection Refresher (required if #130055 taken more than 5 years ago)
- Valid US Passport (or the ability to obtain within 6 months)
SUPPLEMENTAL CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS (NOT REQUIRED):
- FHWA-NHI #130078 – Fracture Critical Inspection Techniques for Steel Bridges
- FHWA-NHI #130087 – Ancillary Highway Structures
- FHWA-NHI #130091 – Underwater Bridge Inspection
- Rope Access Technician (any level)
- Commercial Diver (any level)
- OSHA Construction Safety Course
- NASBLA Boater Safety Course
- First Aid, CPR & O2 Provider
- TWIC Card
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in the English language. Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in the English language. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public in the English language.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, evaluate facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While in the field, the employee may be required to walk in rugged conditions, work in adverse weather conditions, and stand up to eight hours or more at a time.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safety: Employee safety and security are critical parts in our company core values. Accountability, attitude, communication, pro-active improvement, and teamwork ensure safe conditions and safe actions. All employees are expected to actively participate in our safety program. Safety, Health, and Environment are part of our company culture, and sincere involvement is required for all employees.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens throughout employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Marine Solutions is a specialized construction and engineering firm focused on building and maintaining waterfront, hydraulic, navigation, and bridge structures. Marine Solutions is a certified small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise (WBE/DBE) and are fully insured for general, marine and professional liability. Our headquarters are in Kentucky with offices in Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. We offer our services throughout the United States and our valued clients included federal, state and municipal agencies, architectural and engineering firms, construction companies, and industrial entities.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.