COWI is accepting applications for a Bridge/Marine Structural Engineer-EIT (Portland, OR)
JOIN COWI'S TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our over 7,300 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within railways, highways, metros, marine, wind and more.
Our portfolio includes some of the world's most prestigious and challenging bridge, tunnel, and marine structure projects, as well as program management and construction management. We have hundreds of skilled experts working on projects in North America and worldwide, covering the entire lifecycle of a project from idea, concept, and design to operation and maintenance.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF SPECIALISTS
In this position, you will join our global team of specialists and work under the guidance of professional engineers. Your primary task in our team is to become an effective part of a highly professional team that provides consulting, project management, and detailed engineering services on numerous bridge and marine design projects. As an entry--level engineer, you will have the opportunity to work directly alongside Senior Technical Specialists to develop and advance your technical engineering skills and apply them to real world projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Prepare plans, designs calculations, and cost estimates under the direction of senior engineers
- Solve engineering problems and challenges
- Prepare documents such as technical specifications
- Liaise with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects
- Prepare engineering reports and other technical documents
- Conduct site inspections from time-to-time; and
- Perform other duties as required.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be able to work with a reasonable degree of independence with appropriate support from project managers and engineering leads. You will be part of a team located locally and remotely and require strong written and verbal communication skills to be effective. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues, and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a master's degree in Structural Engineering or higher and be a registered Engineer-in-Training with 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Actively participate in professional associations,
- Be able and willing to learn
- Have strong attention to details along with good judgment and decision-making skills
- Possess superior planning and organizational skills combined with the ability to work under pressure on multiple deadlines
- Be familiar with various structural analysis software programs together with being proficient with the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
PERKS & REWARDS
At COWI we believe in rewarding top talent with a great total compensation package. Besides competitive base, we provide exceptional total rewards offering including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Top up parental and childbirth recovery leave
- Fantastic close-knit team with a wealth of knowledge to share
- 3 weeks starting vacation
- Floating holiday to celebrate employee diversity
- Annual Fitness spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, yoga, or gym membership
- 401K contribution matching with generous company match
- Personal and professional development fund
- Parking or public transit allowance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 80% employer-paid premiums
- STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Frequent social events
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Global Recruitment Specialist, Priyanka at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please click on this link for more information
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments. For more information, please visit www.cowi.com/about
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.
Learn more about COWI here.