Renewal Energy Group is accepting applications for a Business Development Business Analyst (Ames, IA)
This position will play an integral supporting role in the analysis and evaluation of potential business development opportunities such as acquisitions, investments, financing transactions, joint venture transactions, new sales and supply opportunities, as well as supporting general business activities within other departments across the company. These activities are typically highly confidential, enterprise-wide in scope and involve frequent interaction with both internal and external parties. The individual in this position will play an important part in the development of detailed analysis and presentation material to help senior leadership and the REG Board make informed business decisions.
Full Time - JR100185
Business and Financial Analysis & Execution
- Assist with proposals for specific technologies or partners as needed
- Assist with evaluating business development opportunities and designing execution plans
- Perform complex business analysis, financial modeling, and company valuations
- Perform sensitivity analyzes to assess changes in project valuation across a variety of scenarios (macro-economic and commercial variables)
- Apply scientific methodology to areas of interest and utilize formal problem-solving techniques to develop and implement solutions in considering various opportunities
- Lead in the execution of business development opportunities or offer guidance, when necessary, to more junior team members without significant guidance from management level.
Project Management & Collaboration
- Maintain cross-organizational relationships with key personnel, including Corporate Strategy, Corporate Finance, Engineering, Production, Global Sourcing, Quality, Sales, Risk Management and other internal departments to align departmental efforts and priorities with overall company objectives
- Cultivate a collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment across departments
- Communicate effectively with others throughout this process to ensure alignment with company strategy, objectives, and the availability of required resources
- Manage partner relationships for secondary projects
Conduct Business Research
- Lead in researching target companies, potential business partners, new industries, and new technologies. This may require coordinating directly with the Corporate Strategy and Corporate Finance teams.
Develop Presentation Materials
- Develop materials for presentation to senior leadership and Board of Directors.
- Prepare summary analysis for presentations.
- Prepare business and financial analysis for presentations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers (oral and written)
- Travel in support of business development opportunities as needed
- Maintain a calm, professional demeanor especially during demanding situations
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently or as a team to achieve the required results
- Communicating with all levels of personnel throughout the organization; from entry level positions to executives
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field, engineering, or other STEM degree; MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
Experience Required: 0-5 years of experience within Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Accounting, Finance, or related industries preferred
- Strong math and financial knowledge
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project)
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
- Background in scientific, engineering, or business area is preferred
- Experience in navigating, constructing and manipulating financial models
- Sound understanding of finance, accounting and valuation methodologies
- Knowledge of resource management, data management, and effective sales/service methods
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
It’s fun to work in a team that is advancing the sustainable future of the fuel industry!
We're committed to working by our values of driving results the REG way with collaboration, innovation, dedication, passion and effectiveness.