Trinity River Authority of Texas is accepting applications for a Buyer (Dallas, TX)
This position conducts daily purchasing activities for Northern Region Projects. Under supervision, orders are placed from authorized requisitions with attention to cost, quality, delivery and adherence to established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Solicits and researches vendors for price quotations and ability to supply items needed at Northern Region Projects.
2. Issues purchase orders and places them with vendors from requisitions assigned by the supervisor.
3. Assists in the coordination of all formal competitive bidding activities including the development of bid specifications, the evaluation of bid responses.
4. Solves problems with vendors on orders, invoicing, delivery, warranty of items, repairs, credits, etc.
5. Processes information necessary to establish credit with new vendors.
6. Interacts with project personnel to obtain items needed to maintain and operate the project and facilities.
7. Maintains logs and reports of daily, weekly, monthly and annual activities for management review.
8. Maintains a purchase order log and vendor files.
9. Performs audits to insure computer input accuracy.
10. Assumes the duties of Senior Buyer, when assigned.
11. May be assigned some supervisory duties of Assistant Buyers and Storekeepers to include training, scheduling and communicating routine instruction.
This position does not regularly provide work leadership or full personnel management to any employees.
Approves and orders supplies, spare parts and services up to $4,999 per order. Average daily purchase order amount of approximately $1,000 and quantity of purchase order processed up to 1,500 annually. Prepares purchase approval requests for annual supplies, spare parts and services up to $49,999. Assists in competitive bidding up to $475,000 annually.
(required level of education)
Associate degree in business or equivalent.
(minimum years and types of related experience required)
Three years purchasing experience with two years in governmental purchasing preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
(any specialized certifications licenses or registrations required by TRA or other authority in order to do the job, including those the incumbent must be able to obtain)
Valid Texas driver's license.
(Information or facts than employee must know in order to be able to perform the work)
Working knowledge of computerized purchasing systems. Working knowledge of business law in purchasing field, good interpersonal skills, communication skills and organizational skills required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(developed capability to use or apply knowledge effectively or dexterity/coordination in the performance of physical tasks)
Must be able to write various purchasing reports, requisitions, and internal and external correspondence. Must be able to apply basic algebraic formulas. Good telephone skills and ability to work under time deadlines required.
Receives general direction about results to be attained. Typically receives general direction about assignments and work results to be attained. Requires judgment to determine which methods apply and what data/information should be considered. Position must think through how issues can be addressed within existing policies and procedures and may assist others with more complex work methods and problems.
This position requires minimum physical exertion with daily lifting requirements generally under 10 pounds. Activities may include carrying office materials, pulling and pushing file drawers and organizing paperwork.
Duties are almost always carried out in an office environment.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Office machines including computer, calculator, copy machine, and facsimile machine.
The Trinity River Authority’s mission is to promote conservation, reclamation, protection and development of the natural resources of the river basin for the benefit of the public.
At TRA, we are proud of the many services we provide to more than 60 cities in the Trinity River basin that improve the quality of life for millions of residents. We understand that safe, clean water is a necessity; in fact, water is the single-most essential element to life as we know it. We have made it our mission at TRA to make access to clean water a reality for the residents of the Trinity River basin.
For more information and to apply for any of these positions click here.
Learn more about Trinity River Authority of Texas here.