Job Title: Buyer
Company: American Commercial Barge Line
Location: Jeffersonville, Indiana
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you a motivated and proactive individual with a passion for optimizing procurement processes? American Commercial Barge Line is seeking a detail-oriented and proactive Buyer to join our team in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in purchasing materials, supplies, and services to meet the company's quality, cost, and schedule requirements. This individual will collaborate with internal stakeholders, track purchases, and ensure timely delivery of goods and services. The Buyer will also contribute to the implementation of a centralized sourcing approach to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
When you join ACBL…
American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) is one of the largest and most diversified marine transportation companies in the U.S. Our legacy of providing the nation with the most economical, safest, and greenest mode of transportation dates all the way back to 1915, when we began moving coal on the Kentucky River. We offer a wide range of career paths in both operations and support services. Whether you are interested in working on the river or in an office, we are always searching for the best of the best to join our ACBL team.
What you will be doing... Your IMPACT
- Assist with the implementation of a centralized/center-led sourcing approach to achieve both departmental and corporate goals & objectives.
- Procure components and services while ensuring the lowest total cost of ownership, continuity of supply, and supplier performance.
- Understand individual and department KPIs and work to improve these key metrics.
- Create purchase orders using established partnerships, track the status of order fulfillment, and expedite orders.
- Manage individual work queues and prioritize critical needs to minimize operational disruption.
What we are looking for...
You will need to have:
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset with an aptitude for improving upon KPIs and reducing/eliminating deficiencies.
- Strong organizational skills desired.
- Available for occasional overnight travel is required.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field is preferred.
- 0-3 Years of experience working in supply chain management is preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)