LJA Engineering is accepting applications for a CAD-Electrical in Houston, TX.
Summary: We are looking for highly motivated designers who want to solve difficult problems, work hard, and have fun while working at a highly reputable and rapidly growing organization.
We currently have an opening on the Electrical CAD design team for a CAD Designer.
The AutoCAD designer will work with an experienced team of electrical, instrumentation & control systems (EI&C) engineers and designers that work on projects in the Midstream (Oil and Gas) vertical. Typical tasks include developing and drafting electrical and instrumentation design packages for midstream facilities, including designing metering stations, pump stations, LACT skids, interconnects, switchgear design, motor control center design, standby, emergency power systems and, lighting etc.
- Responsible for taking design concepts from engineers and senior designers and developing:
- AutoCAD plan and elevation views,
- Conduit and cable schedules
- Cable tray installation plans and details
- One-line diagrams
- HAC plans
- Lighting plans
- Grounding plans
- Loop diagrams etc. that are typically required for the installation of pumps, compressors, valves, process skids, instrumentation, etc.
- Capability to interpret control wiring schematics from vendors.
- Capabilities to review and interpret vendor procurement documents to assure that the proposed equipment conforms to the Project requirements.
- Microstation experience is a must and non-negotiable.
- Formal training in AutoCAD with certification.
- Proven capabilities with CADWorx and 3-D drafting.
- 3 years minimum of DESIGN (Not only drafting) experience in Midstream/Oil and Gas projects. Other industry experience is acceptable.
- Associate's diploma in CADD.
- Physical Requirements:
- Working at a computer for extended periods of time
- Organizational Relationships
- This position reports to Electrical Division CAD Manager.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about LJA Engineering here.