Horner & Shifrin is accepting applications for a CADD Technician -Civil/State (St. Louis, MO)
Horner & Shifrin is seeking a full-time CADD Technician to work in our Civil/Site business unit. This position requires 1+ years of experience.
- Work from detailed sketches developed by self or others to produce complex computer-generated construction drawings while coordinating details and dimensions between drawing sheets and between other involved disciplines
- Revise/update drawings, exhibits, and sketches previously prepared or marked up by other technicians or engineers
- Follow company quality control standards
- Develop work products that require a minimum of “rework” due either to errors/omissions or poor visual presentation
- Recommend ways to improve department procedures
- Keep project manager and designated supervisor abreast of workload variations, and request additional work before needed
- Communicate any issues or design mistakes found with dimensions and constructability to the Project Manager during drawing development along with the correct solution
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Understanding and ability to efficiently use CADD operating system
- Ability to expand knowledge base and learn from others in the department
- Strong listening, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Proven work history, strong work ethic, and team-player
- Experience with Civil3D and site grading design, preferred
- Must posses a valid driver's license
- Must complete a background check
High School Diploma or G.E.D. (Required). Associates degree or two-year degree in drafting technology is preferred. 1 year of previous technical experience is preferred. Understanding and ability to efficiently use CADD operating system obtained from either work or school is required. Experience with Civil 3D and site grading design highly preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Contact Cindy HK Baumann, Human Resources Director, at chkbaumann@hornershifrin for any recruiting inquiries.