GHD is accepting applications for a Carbon Capture and Storage Specialist (Phonix, AZ and San Francisco, CA)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is actively developing a Future Energy initiative. We are looking to alternative energy generation, distribution, and use projects across the globe providing our clients with alternatives for clean energy and energy resiliency. These projects include renewable energy, energy storage, waste to energy, power to gas, hydrogen storage and transportation, clean fuels, clean chemical manufacturing, carbon capture, and reduced carbon footprint.
As part of this initiative, we are seeking a Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Specialist who will be responsible for the development and delivery of CCS projects in various industry sectors, including oil & gas, power, and heavy industrial manufacturing. The focus will be on several key areas:
- Capture:oxy-fuel combustion, pre and post-combustion capture, emerging capture technologies;
- Transport:transport by pipeline, rail, and road; and
- Storage:geological, ocean, conversion (e.g., minerals for private sector and public sector clients in the United States and Canada).
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Builds effective relationships with key existing clients, while also expanding the client base provide opportunities and support Business Group development
- Serves as the client manager for key clients and develops/executes associated client engagement plans
- Promotes and collaborates in the development of innovative project delivery methods
- Pre-positions for projects, develops opportunities, and obtains RFPs
- Develops responses to RFPs, scope of work packages, budgets, and progress reports
- Drives project teams to provide successful and technically sound project deliveries to meet and exceed client and GHD requirements
- Drives financial performance with respect to contribution; monitors, tracks, and manages opportunities, backlog, utilization, AR/DSO, variances, and markups
- Manages, mitigates, and reports on risks within the Business Group
- Drives positive client interaction, as verified through client surveys
- Develops and mentors senior leadership and/or rising talent within the Future Energy Business
- Actively participates in professional and/or industrial organizations to promote the GHD brand
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Process Engineering or related field of study
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the oil & gas/CCS market building a team of experts and delivery of work in this area
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience delivering projects in North American and/or global markets
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
For more information and to apply click here.