ACBL: Shore Tankerman (Channelview, TX)
American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) has a Shore Tankerman position available to fill.
This position is responsible for supervising transfers, including safe loading and unloading of liquid barge cargo for ACBL and contracted customers. Incumbents in this position must possess and maintain USCG licensing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all ACBL Safety policies and procedures as well as government regulatory requirements for loading / unloading or transport.
- Follow pre-transfer inspection requirements; execute pre-transfer conference and the Declaration of Inspection.
- Connect cargo hoses or loading arms; Initiate pumping; increasing pressure appropriately to normal discharge pressure.
- Perform calculation of loading rate; monitor all loadings to insure safe and environmentally proper procedure is followed; secure cargo systems.
- Perform minor repairs to barge equipment.
- Other duties as needed.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Shore Tankerman (Required)
- Must possess valid, current MMD endorsed as Tankerman-PIC (Barge) Dangerous Liquids through USCG.
- Must have a minimum of 3 + years of experience as a Shore Tankerman.
- Must take yearly benzene physical and respirator fit test.
- Must be able to operate PHD lite four stage gas meters, including maintenance, calibration, operation and reading interpretation.
- Must be able to read and write to complete Declaration of Inspection and other required documents.
- Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language as required by USCG CFR.
- Must be able to perform barge inspections, audits and repairs when not conducting a transfer.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Must be able to work on call schedule as needed.
Must be able to climb steep stairs or ladders.
Must be able to lift or move 60 lbs. independently.
Must be respirator fit at all times and clear fit testing annually.
Must adhere to safety standards required.
As a leader in inland barge transportation, ACBL moves the grain, dry bulk and liquid commodities relied upon by consumers, businesses and industries every day. ACBL provides a wide array of barging solutions to meet your transportation needs and the flexibility required to support your business. With one of the nation’s largest and newest inland river barge fleets, ACBL operates the safest, most reliable and efficient equipment for transporting cargoes along 7,200 miles of U.S. inland waterways. With a fully integrated network, we provide transloading, warehousing, storage and fleeting services to support barge transportation throughout the Mississippi River System and its tributaries.
To learn more and apply for this position: