ACBL: IT/Help Desk Intern (Jeffersonville, IN)
American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) has an IT/Help Desk Intern position available to fill.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Helpdesk Intern is the first level of support for all components of the ACBL computers serving both remote and on-site employees at all ACBL locations. Policies and procedures govern identification, documentation, and escalation of problems in minimum time. The Helpdesk Intern manages trouble tickets from users and performs troubleshooting steps or escalates problems to second and third level administrators. Also performs duties stated in the Work Plan and administers application security.
- Provides Tier 1 & 2 end-user consulting, troubleshooting and problem-solving support for personal computer hardware/software supported products and network-related technologies
- Administers the ServiceNow ticketing system
- Performs other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma / GED is Required
- Current enrollment in college coursework specializing in Computer Science is preferred.
0-1 years’ experience in the Information Systems field, vocational training or related work experience.
- A-Plus certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite required.
- Candidate must be skilled in hardware and software support techniques with a thorough understanding of desktop and laptop configurations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must project a positive, professional image in all dealings with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job in a normal office environment or shipyard facility.
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs.
As a leader in inland barge transportation, ACBL moves the grain, dry bulk and liquid commodities relied upon by consumers, businesses and industries every day. ACBL provides a wide array of barging solutions to meet your transportation needs and the flexibility required to support your business. With one of the nation’s largest and newest inland river barge fleets, ACBL operates the safest, most reliable and efficient equipment for transporting cargoes along 7,200 miles of U.S. inland waterways. With a fully integrated network, we provide transloading, warehousing, storage and fleeting services to support barge transportation throughout the Mississippi River System and its tributaries.
To learn more and apply for this position: