CDL Truck Driver (Columbus, MS)
Logistic Services, Inc./Columbus Mississippi is accepting applications for a CDL Truck Driver (Columbus, MS).
The Truck Driver is a part of the operations team and is responsible for the safe handling delivery of cargo. While maintaining a positive working relationship the everyone, the truck driver is to set the standard and be held accountable for a safe and efficient operation.
- Work closely with operations and office staff to ensure safe, efficient, and cost-effective completion of work plans.
- Inspects to ensure proper operating condition prior to use and communicates any maintenance or repair of equipment needed to ensure serviceability and safety of the equipment.
- Reviews load paperwork versus cargo received or loaded to ensure that all paperwork is correct and that the material is in good condition.
- Reports problems and issues to appropriate manager.
- Reviews and complies with all DOT and State requirements inclusive of the FMCSA Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and all applicable sections of 29CFR 1910 and 29CFR 1917.
- Must properly secure loads/cargo prior to transporting in accordance with Load Securement rules and regulations and informs manager of issues regarding load securement.
- Adheres to all safety and traffic laws
- Always behaves in a professional manner and complies with all safety and work-site rules at any customer facility.
- Maintain paperwork and distribute accurately in a timely manner.
- Communicate with office and operations staff if delayed in any way.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Class A Driver's License required
- Requires the ability to safely operate equipment over the road.
- Requires problem solving skills to respond quickly and effectively to operational issues.
- Requires the ability to follow instructions in a fast-paced environment and be available to work varied hours and days
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, the general public and customers.
- Requires the ability to analyze and trouble shoot operations.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience and current CDL, Medical Card, & DVR.
- Knowledge of safety and accident prevention codes and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of load securement rules.
- Required to observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Must be able to work in rotating shifts, days, evenings and nights.
- The ability to work in an environment that may be hazardous to persons unable to see and hear fast moving equipment
- The ability to drive 100%
SSA Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Logistic Services, Inc. here.