Patrick Engineering is accepting applications for a Certified Welding Inspector (Chicago, IL)
Patrick is a national engineering and design, construction, management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies; private and public utilities; and FORTUNE 500 companies. Having worked in all 50 states, six different countries and proven ourselves as a trusted partner, clients turn to us for the entire process of project delivery - from planning through construction to operation and maintenance. Patrick accomplishes this with a full suite of engineering disciplines, experienced construction managers, program management and project controls experts, and GIS and asset management technology specialists. We serve clients in the transportation, utility and renewable, industrial infrastructure, and federal and institutional markets. We take pride knowing the projects we work on have a positive effect on the community, society, and the environment.
The CWI is responsible for the oversight and inspection of weld activities as requested by PGL.
Position Function, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- The CWI will evaluate if proper materials and procedures are used by others to properly make welds in the field or in the shop.
- Confirm compliance with industry and company weld specifications.
- The CWI will be familiar, knowledgeable and enforce NDE procedures, codes and standards.
- Review company weld procedures prior to implementation in the field.
- Verify welding personnel are qualified in the weld practices being performed.
- Prepare a register and reports of: Welding personnel and Equipment qualification.
- Inspect welds and approve they meet company specifications.
- Monitor and verify weld repairs are tracked and conducted in an approved manner.
- Communicate all anomalies to their Supervisor.
- Review and Approve / Disapprove all Weld Daily Reports and forward to their Supervisor.
Informal Leader - No direct reports
Provides daily work direction to team members / co-workers while performing own job; may contribute to planning, work scheduling and minor decision-making regarding work methods. This position may provide feedback on team member/co-worker performance to immediate supervisor.
Decision Making Level:
Significant (Individual Contributor)
Typically resolves straightforward problems or problems that have routine solutions; limited independent discretion; Operates under supervision of the Construction Project Manager. Operates under minimal supervision and may train or coach more junior staff.
Minimum Experience Required:
1+ years - Staging projects, or assigning and completing tasks as part of a project team.
1+ years - Utilization of Gas Operations computer systems
3+ years - Interpretation and application of construction design specifications
3+ years - Standard computer applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) to generate reports, create pertinent documentation and supply information to relevant parties.
3+ years - Experience in interpreting and applying construction design specifications.
3+ years - Welding Inspection experience
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Area of Study: Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
- NACE – Coating Inspector Program – Level 01
- Certified Welding Inspector Certification or Certified Pipeline Welding Inspector (CPWI) – (Minimum one REQUIRED)
- Familiar with API 1104. (American Petroleum Institute Standard for Welding of Pipeline and Related Facilities)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must perform covered functions under Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA) Must perform such covered functions as emergency dispatching or gas design as an office employee
This entire job profile is intended to cover the most significant aspects of the position. There may be additional responsibilities assigned beyond the enclosed. The company reserves the right to modify the role, responsibilities, requirements, and position status as compliance regulations or business needs dictate.
- MEA Task #-AOC-Abnormal Operating Conditions
- MEA Task #-0101-Characteristics & Hazards of Natural Gas MEA Task #-0110-Horizontal Directional Drilling
- MEA Task #-0401-D-Corrosion Monitoring - Atmospheric & External - Distribution MEA Task #-0402-D-Coating Maintenance: Paint, Cold Wrap, Mastic, Etc.
- MEA Task #-0801-Locating Pipelines
- MEA Task #-0803-D-Inspection for Damage - Distribution MEA Task #-0804-Damage Prevention During Excavation
- MEA Task #-1005-Mechanical Joints: PE Pipe
- MEA Task #-1301-D-Leak & Strength Test - Mains & Services MEA Task #-1401-Abandonment of Facilities
- MEA Task #-1402-Backfilling
- MEA Task #-1404-Casing Vents and Seals MEA Task #-1405-Underground Clearances MEA Task #-1409-Installation of Steel Pipe MEA Task #-1410-Cover - Service Lines
- MEA Task #-1411-Inspection: Compliance with Procedures & Standards MEA Task #-1414-D-Pipeline Shutdown, Startup or Pressure Change MEA Task #-1418-D-Purging: Distribution
- MEA Task #-1436-Working With Blowing Gas
- MEA Task #-2011-Prevention of Accidental Ignition
- MEA Task #-2014-D-Service Lines Not In Use and Service Discontinuance MEA Task #-192-2401-Welding Procedures
- MEA Task #-192-2402-Welding Process: Visual Inspection of Welds
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.