The Port of Corpus Christi is accepting applications for a Channel & DMPA Development Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer (Corpus Christi, TX)
Port Corpus Christi Authority (PCCA) is currently seeking a Project Engineer to support the Channel & Dredge Material Placement Area (DMPA) Development team. The individual will assist with design and construction administration of capital and maintenance projects related to PCCA’s coastal waterways, facilities and dredge material placement areas.
- Assists in the planning, design, construction and maintenance programs related to PCCA ship channels, barge canal waterways, facilities and dredge material placement areas
- Assists with oversight of federally sponsored dredging contracts
- Assists with studies, permitting, design and construction activities
- Assists in the management of PCCA's dredge material placement areas
- Processes 3rd party dredge material placement area permits, tracks dredging schedules, verifies quantities placed in dredge material placement areas, and prepares billing statements in coordination with the Accounting Department
- Serves as a project engineer/manager and prepares designs, plans, estimates, specifications and bid documents for assigned projects
- Performs annual facility inspections as required & assists in formulating, compiling projects for inclusion into the Annual Budget
- Assists with development and management of PCCA dredging and DMPA services
- Coordinates with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) local and district office staff as required
- Coordinates with consultants in the preparation of plans and specifications for simple to complex construction
- Assists with initiating, monitoring or performing tasks associated with Channel & DMPA Development Department goals and objectives of the PCCA's Strategic Plan
- Coordinates with other PCCA staff and departments, as required
- Collects technical data, analyzes findings and makes recommendations
- Provides updates to PCCA website
- Prepares presentations, correspondence and exhibits for Commission, staff, working groups and committee meetings as needed
- Maintains records and reports as required
- Attends and participates in meetings and enters and works in secure areas requiring Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) credentials
- Follows PCCA security, environmental and safety requirements and procedures, and sees they are properly implemented and maintained on assigned projects
- Adheres to PCCA policy and maintains good employee relations; works with other PCCA staff to achieve work goals and initiatives
- Drives PCCA vehicles to complete assigned tasks courteously and safely and follows applicable procedures for vehicle use
- Works required hours to fulfill position objectives
- CPR certified or ability to become CPR certified within the first year of employment
- Tier 2 status designation
The preferred candidate for this position should be a detail-oriented professional with a demonstrated track record in planning and design. The successful candidate must be a strong problem-solver with a collaborative style of effective project management. They must possess the following:
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (civil, ocean, or structural preferred) from an accredited college or university
- Registered professional engineer in Texas (preferred) or Engineer in Training registration in the state of Texas (preferred) with ability and desire to pursue Professional Engineering registration
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) during course of employment
- Valid driver's license
EXPERIENCE & JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum five years of experience in engineering design and project management preferred
- Port waterfront and design experience preferred
- Practicing multi-disciplined knowledge of engineering techniques and theories.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal codes and requirements
- Effective business communication utilizing correct English (spelling and grammar).
- Knowledge of budgets and cost containment controls preferred
- AutoCAD and design application experience preferred
- Skills in the application of engineering concepts
- Ability to write and create reports/presentations and give formal presentations
- Strong analytical and detail orientation skills, with a strong focus on customer service
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel, Outlook, and other related applications
- Has a growth mindset
- High critical thinking skills
- Willingly accepts feedback; is coachable
- Fosters team collaboration
- Ability to define issues, perform research, evaluate alternatives and develop sound, independent conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, and a multitude of projects and changing priorities
- Proven organizational and planning skills; ability to set priorities, take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to understand, interpret, explain and apply PCCA policies and state and federal laws related to all aspects of operations
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to perform essential job functions, including but not limited to frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking or hearing, typing and occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in a general office environment, and on a work site with exposure to adverse weather conditions, fumes and /or air particulates, working in high precarious places, risk of electrical shock and moving mechanical parts, moderate noise levels and working at heights, ability to wear personnel protective equipment, including hard hat, steel toed footwear, eye and hearing protection when performing work functions
- Communicating verbally, in writing and over devices such as phones and mobile phones
- Ability to operate mechanical and electrical equipment and light-weight highway vehicles and standard office equipment and to work the requisite hours to fulfill position objectives, including evenings and/or weekends, as needed
Project Engineer Hiring Range: $80,602.00 - $121,720.00/Year D.O.Q.
Senior Project Engineer Hiring Range: $96,024.00 - $126,544.00/Year D.O.Q.
Interested and qualified candidates must apply online at www.portofcc.com on or before February 11, 2022, 11:59 PM CST.
If you are selected for a position with PCCA, your employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a physical examination, drug test and alcohol screening, as well as a verification of information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, PCCA is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status.
Our employees enjoy a fabulous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary paid bi-weekly
- Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS)
- 457 deferred compensation plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Low-cost, high quality benefit package including health, dental & vision plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Passes to local venues, such as the Texas State Aquarium and the USS Lexington Museum
- Paid leave (vacation/sick/bereavement)
- Eleven paid holidays
- Volunteer Time Off, Wellness Program & Health Club benefit
- Salary commensurate with experience
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Port of Corpus Christi here.