Notice Number: 201041-4/22-04C
Date: 07/07/2022 07:00 thru UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Commencing on 7 July 2022 and continuing until further notice, the US Army Corps of Engineers Dredge Potter will perform channel maintenance dredging at various locations on the Upper Mississippi River from mile 0 to 300.0 and Illinois Waterway mile 0 - 80.0. The Dredge Potter has completed work at mile 173 UMR and is scheduled to finish work at mile 171 on 13 August 2022. Below is the updated Dredge Potter's schedule.
- Mile 167 UMR: 14 - 10 August July 2022
- Mile 168.5 UMR: 21 - 28 August 2022
- Updates to the Dredge Potter's schedule will be provided as work progresses.
- The Dredge Potter and its attendant plant, to include tender boats, small boats, barges and pipeline, etc., work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When dredging, removed material is pumped through a pontoon pipeline or self-floating pipeline, which may be crossing the channel, and is placed outside of the navigation channel. Mariners should be on the lookout for tender boats, barges, small survey boats, and pipeline when transiting the dredge area.
- The Dredge Potter may be contacted on VHF-FM radio channels 13 and 16. Mariners are urged to transit at their slowest safe speed to minimize wake and proceed with caution after passing arrangements have been made with the Dredge Potter.
FOR THE DISTRICT ENGINEER:
Andrew C. Schimpf, P.E.
Rivers Project Manager