Cincinnati Barge and Rail Terminals located on the Ohio River halfway between Cairo, IL and Pittsburgh, PA serves rail, truck and waterborne shippers and receivers with the utmost integrity, providing safe, efficient and cost-effective translating capabilities.
- CB&RT’s area was known as Fulton from 1820 until merging with Cincinnati in 1855.
- Over 900 steamboats were built in Fulton during the 1800’s.
- The Marine Railway Company outlasted many rival shipbuilders operating from 1839-1919.
- Famous steamboats built at the site included the Island Queen, The Sultana and The Natchez.
- The Natcheztook part in The Great Race in 1870 as chronicled by Mark Twain.
- Lumberyards and sawmills proliferated after 1880 as railroads began their dominance.
- In 1931, Cincinnati Sheet Metal & Roofing Company installed the 30-ton crane still used at this location.
- During wartime, quonset huts are assembled and shipped from this site.
- George Steinbrenner’s company owned the terminal before Sawyer Place Co.’s 1980’s acquisition.
- SPC established the subsidiary CB&RT in 2008 to utilize this inter-modal port.
- Today, CB&RT serves shippers on 5 continents, spurring regional growth with reduced supply chain costs.
Please learn more here or contact IRPT Member.
Cincinnati Barge & Rail Terminal, LLC
1725 Riverside Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513) 227- 1719