Due to the overwhelming response in the number of individuals that have registered for our April 20, 2021, New Mexico Tech Counter-UAS Training Course, we are now hosting a second training course on April 27 to allow maximum participation. Registration for the April 27 course is below and attached.
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Region VII (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska) invites you to participate in the New Mexico Tech “Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems (CUAS)” course hosted through Zoom. This course provides first responders, emergency managers, security directors/managers with the knowledge and tools necessary to detect, identify, track, assess, respond and report UAS activity. Participants are presented with information on the current UAS terrorist and criminal threat, technology, and analog and electronic detection techniques. Participants are guided through demonstrations and exercises on the varying UAS types, their capabilities, and simulated threats involving Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
- Recognize Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) uses and components
- Recognize the threat posed by the criminal and terrorist use of commercially available Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) technology.
- Identify Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (CUAS) tactics available to emergency first responders.
- Recognize regulations, laws, and policies pertaining to the use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
- Discuss CUAS Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) used throughout a case study.
- Identify TTPs to detect UAS activity using visual, audio or technological resources.
- Distinguish between types of UAS, payloads, and legal/safe operations.
- Recognize effective methods to track UAS activity and communicate to appropriate authorities.
- Assess Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) activity and recommend response options and considerations.
- Discuss response considerations to respond and deter unsafe, unauthorized, illegal, or terrorist Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) activity
- Understand evidence collection and reporting Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) activity to appropriate agencies.
APRIL 27, 2021
8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M. CENTRAL TIME
Zoom – based Webinar
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
· State and local first responders
· Law enforcement
· Fire service
· Security Directors/Managers
• FEMA Student ID (SID) https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register
- Registration is free
- Click HERE to Register
If you have any questions, please contact me at 402-981-8970 or email email@example.com.
Protective Security Advisor, Nebraska
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
Telephone: (402) 981-8970 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org