Bacon, Farmer, Workman Engineering and Testing is accepting applications for a Civil Designer in Paducah, KY. Bacon, Farmer, Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. is actively seeking a Civil Designer to join our Paducah, Kentucky office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering / Civil Engineering Technology
- Proficient in ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and MicroStation, with a willingness to learn additional software such as PAVER, Revit, and other programs deemed necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organizational skills and attention to Detail
- Ability to be self-motivated, friendly, and positive in the work environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- 3+ years of relevant engineering experience
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Perform all necessary analysis, design and detailed tasks for roadway, utilities, site development and stormwater projects
- Utilize AutoCAD software to develop construction documents
- Perform quantity take-off analysis from construction documents
- Complete reports to supplement engineer design
- Evaluate shop drawings
- Ability to utilize and update GIS data
- Assist in preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules and permitting for projects.
- Oversee and/or perform field inspections related to pavement management, utilities, or other construction related activities.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance available
- Company Match 401k program
- HSA or FSA
- Remote Work Possible
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Eight Paid Holidays
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering and Testing here.