Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering and Testing is accepting applications for a Civil Designer (Springfield, IL; Paducah, KY).
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Perform all necessary analysis, design and detailed tasks for roadway, utilities, site development and stormwater projects
- Utilize AutoCAD software to develop construction documents
- Perform quantity take-off analysis from construction documents
- Complete reports to supplement engineer design
- Evaluate shop drawings
- Ability to utilize and update GIS data
- Assist in preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules and permitting for projects.
- Oversee and/or perform field inspections related to pavement management, utilities, or other construction related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering / Civil Engineering Technology
- Proficient in ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and MicroStation, with a willingness to learn additional software such as PAVER, Revit, and other programs deemed necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organizational skills and attention to Detail
- Ability to be self-motivated, friendly, and positive in the work environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- 3+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Match 401k
- HSA or FSA
- Remote Work Possible
- Flexible Schedule
Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering and Testing The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction observation phase services for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.