Garver is accepting applications for a Civil Designer - Water (Fayetteville, AR)
As part of the Fayetteville Water Design Center for Garver, this Civil Designer will be responsible for developing civil engineering designs in support of various projects for Garver’s Water Business Line. Diversity in high-volume, custom treatment plant projects will allow this designer the opportunity to be hands-on with detailed design, collaborate with teams of designers and engineers and produce high-quality work in a rapidly growing business line.
What you’ll do:
Day-to-day responsibilities include civil engineering and design support as required for a variety of water and wastewater projects, but the majority of the expected assignments will be related to developing civil engineering designs and drawings for new water and wastewater treatments plants or improvements to existing water and wastewater treatment facilities.
This will consist of developing detailed civil designs for a wide variety of projects, including water and wastewater treatment facilities, pump stations, lift stations, tanks, vaults, and other ancillary structures associated with water and sewer infrastructure projects. Typical designs will include site plans, yard piping plans and profiles, electrical duct bank plans and profiles, grading plans, drainage plans, and other supporting designs associated with civil work. Civil design drawings will be completed using AudoCAD Civil 3D software. The civil group will be responsible for the civil design calculations, coordination with other support discipline activities, coordination with regional offices and regulating agencies, construction cost estimating, and quality assurance and control.
In addition, the civil designer will be responsible for:
- Coordination of survey services
- Developing detailed plans and specifications
- Quality program compliance, including ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to Garver standardization.
- Civil standards and tools development, procurement, and training
Qualified candidates must have the following capabilities and the ability to perform the following routine functions:
- Processing field data
- Developing surface models
- Organizing drawing structures and files
- Creating and using layering standards, line types, line widths, and plot styles
- Generating plan and profile drawings complete with station numbering
- Developing cross sections
- Calculating volume and plan quantities
- Generating coordinates, boundary information, and survey information
- Being consistent in design procedures across a variety of projects
- Producing record drawings
- Be technically competent with water or wastewater engineering and civil engineering
- Work within a multi-disciplined team (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) f project engineers, design engineers, and BIM Technicians in the development of various Water Business Line projects.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Be responsible for time management and work product quality.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects.
- Mentor, equip, train, develop, and engage junior team members to become effective water professionals and undertake increasingly more complex assignments and responsibilities as they grow.
Due to the collaborative nature of coordination for large infrastructure projects, candidates must have the ability to seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other project team members. In addition, the candidate shall be able to maintain a positive team attitude and interpersonal effectiveness to recruit, develop and maintain an efficient and productive civil team.
About Garver's Fayetteville Water Design Center:
The Fayetteville Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs for locations all across the Garver footprint. The Fayetteville WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom treatment plant projects with advanced technologies. Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- 6 or more years of computer aided drafting and design experience with a Civil engineering design team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience using Autodesk software for detailed design, including AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Previous experience having been in responsible charge of designs, including detailed plans and specifications, for wastewater collection, water distribution improvement projects, and treatment plant projects
- Must have a strong knowledge base of engineering principals including site development, and water treatment, collection and distribution
- Must have strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience using Bluebeam and MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook
- Strong teaching and coaching skills to bring new team members up to speed
- Associates degree in CAD or similar 2-year degree
- Experience with BIM360 file sharing software
- Storm water design experience including HEC-RAS/HMS
- Flood study analysis and FEMA database experience
- Experiences using REVIT
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.