C.H. Fenstermaker & Associates is accepting applications for a Civil Engineer (Baton Rouge, LA)
What does this job entail?
The Civil Engineer will have the ability to work independently and will lead a team on various engineering projects relating to (but not limited to) roadway design, construction plan development, specifications, and construction administration; transportation feasibility studies, line and grade studies, basic utility design (i.e. water and sewer), and general drainage design. Projects and tasks will involve the use of various engineering software programs as well as Microsoft Office applications.
Some responsibilities Include:
- Plan, design, and implement municipal projects such as roadway design and expansion, traffic engineering, and hydraulic projects.
- Analyze engineering data and prepare calculations, drawings, reports, field observations, and required applications to regulatory agencies.
- Manage projects and coordinate with engineering team and clients on all aspects of project execution.
- Will be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects or the work of others.
Business Development & External Communication
- Client Relationship Management – act as a point of contact for customers on proposal development, presentations, and technical issues.
- Ensure new and existing clients receive the highest level of service.
- Communicate with municipalities and government agencies for regulatory permits and other necessary project requirements.
- Communicate with contracts, cities/districts, regulatory agencies and funding agencies on projects.
- Attend public meetings, public forums and open-house events to discuss project details and answer questions from the public, as required.
- Attend district, town and city meetings as required.
- Generate complete construction plans and specifications.
- Provide review and oversight of construction plans and specifications.
- Provide support, coach, mentor, and develop junior level engineers and staff.
Am I qualified for this position?
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and at least5 years of professional experience is required.
- Municipal Engineering Experience a plus.
- Must have LA PE licensure or ability to obtain within 6 months.
Why work for Fenstermaker?
- Our success is based on establishing lasting partnerships and providing innovative, high-quality products and services. We conduct our business ethically, honestly and with integrity in everything we do.
- Our core values define the way we do business.
- We treat everyone like family and put people over policy.
- We place an emphasis on safety and are supportive and empathetic in rough times.
- We leverage our multi-disciplinary strength to benefit our clients.
- We communicate, collaborate and execute together, as a team.
- We treat others the way they want to be treated – with respect.
- We create unforgettable experiences and build lasting relationships and establish partnerships.
- We believe growth creates opportunity and gives us the capability of building long-term careers.
- We encourage and reward innovation.
- We serve our clients in ways that make the competition irrelevant.
- We create a unique experience for our team members.
At Fenstermaker, we believe in building strong, long-term partnerships. We offer a unique combination of services to assist state and federal agencies in developing smart solutions to complex contemporary challenges. Experienced in collaborating with many types of organizations and government agencies, we understand the requirements and goals of public work. From procurement to project completion, our team of diverse professionals is knowledgeable and focused throughout the entire process.
- Survey & Mapping
- Environmental Consulting
EOE/AA Employer. Applications confidential.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.