COWI is accepting applications for a Civil Engineer (New York, NY)
JOIN COWI'S TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the North American team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including bridge, marine, offshore wind and tunnels.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We co-create with customers, partners and colleagues for better solutions while delivering on our commitment project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, and more.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Civil Engineer to join our global and highly professional team of specialists that provides detailed engineering on numerous civil design projects and will report under the Head of Section. Your primary task in our team will be to apply sound and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignment and related fields. You will make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods and works as an integral part of a team to deliver design projects. You will work under the guidance of senior staff but are expected to be able to make independent decisions on technical issues.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be a leading contributor to a team of engineers and technicians
- Solve engineering problems and challenges
- Perform designs, evaluations, preparation of calculations and drawings, and cost estimates
- Conduct site inspections and investigations from time-to-time
- Prepare standard documents, such as technical specifications, per applicable design codes
- Research and review design options for both technical and financial impact
- Prepare engineering reports and other technical documents
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should have the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team with good judgment and decision-making skills and strong attention to details. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or higher (Master's degree preferred), with a minimum of 4 years of related experience in Civil Design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Be registered as a Professional Engineer in NY, or ability to obtain within six months of joining COWI
- Actively participate in professional associations. and have the ability and willingness to learn
- Have superior planning and organizational skills combined with the ability to work under pressure on multiple deadlines
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Be familiar with various CADD analysis software programs
- Be able to work with staff located remotely and willingness to travel is an asset
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Global Recruitment Specialist, Priyanka at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please click on this link for more information
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments. For more information, please visit www.cowi.com/about
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.
Learn more about COWI here.