The United States Army Corps of Engineers is accepting applications for a Civil Engineer-Structural in St. Louis, MO. Opening & Closing Date: 10/03/2022 to 10/02/2023. Salary: $64,163 - $113,839 per year.
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel within the DoD to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: Assigned projects of broad technical scope and major complexity such as the structural design of various features of navigation locks and dams or major flood control projects.
- Reviews all available design data for a project such as field survey notes, foundation investigations, soils reports as to site conditions and geology, and hydraulic reports.
- Analyzes existing structures to determine best method of accomplishing major alterations or replacements when needed to provide increased reliability, or to withstand increased loads caused by changed loading or site conditions.
- Overall development and processing of the technical products (plans and specifications, design reports, etc.) of the assigned project to include quality.
- Develops preliminary and final design, layout, and drawings of assigned projects or structures.
- Develops technical specification requirements for structural aspects of specific structures.
- Provides data to the Specifications Unit on order and coordination of work requirements and provides recommendations for the structure and content of the bid schedule.
- Advises engineers engaged in preparation of cost estimates on technical aspects of the project.
- Coordinates review of Architectural Engineer submittal with others within the District such as Project Management, Construction-Operations, Planning, Real Estate, Legal and Contracting.
- Makes field investigations of structural problems arising during construction and makes oral and/or written reports of findings and recommendations.
Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
Qualifications: In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.