C.H. Fenstermaker & Associates is accepting applications for a Civil Engineering Intern (Lafayette, Lake Charles, and New Orleans, LA).
What does this job entail?
Under the supervision of a Professional Engineer, the Civil Engineer Intern (E.I.) produces plans and construction documents for a variety of civil engineering projects. Projects may include roadways, drainage systems, water and wastewater infrastructure, and construction administration. The Civil Engineer Intern will be a champion and leader of our company core values, while maintaining client engagement and satisfaction.
Some responsibilities include:
- Calculating cost and determining feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data.
- Preparing and modifying reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project.
- Using computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
Am I qualified for the position?
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited engineering curriculum with major concentration in Civil Engineering is required
- General understanding of hydraulics / hydrology and roadway engineering design concepts
- Proactive towards problem solving
- Current Engineer Intern Certification – preferred
Why work for Fenstermaker?
- Our success is based on establishing lasting partnerships and providing innovative, high-quality products and services. We conduct our business ethically, honestly and with integrity in everything we do.
- Our core values define the way we do business.
- We treat everyone like family and put people over policy.
- We place an emphasis on safety and are supportive and empathetic in rough times.
- We leverage our multi-disciplinary strength to benefit our clients.
- We communicate, collaborate and execute together, as a team.
- We treat others the way they want to be treated – with respect.
- We create unforgettable experiences and build lasting relationships and establish partnerships.
- We believe growth creates opportunity and gives us the capability of building long-term careers.
- We encourage and reward innovation.
- We serve our clients in ways that make the competition irrelevant.
- We create a unique experience for our team members.
At Fenstermaker, we believe in building strong, long-term partnerships. We offer a unique combination of services to assist state and federal agencies in developing smart solutions to complex contemporary challenges. Experienced in collaborating with many types of organizations and government agencies, we understand the requirements and goals of public work. From procurement to project completion, our team of diverse professionals is knowledgeable and focused throughout the entire process.
- Survey & Mapping
- Environmental Consulting
EOE/AA Employer. Applications confidential.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.