Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc. is accepting applications for a Civil Entry Level - Building and Site Services (Springfield, MO)
ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER!! Crawford, Murphy & Tilly (CMT) is a full-service engineering and consulting firm headquartered in Springfield, Illinois, and is seeking a Civil Engineer to work directly with others to formulate engineering design of multi-faceted projects. The projects associated with this position vary but are all civil-related, including but not limited to initial site evaluation, site due diligence, site layout, grading & drainage, permitting, storm water pollution prevention (SWPPP), and utility services, etc.
Responsibilities will include working closely with project engineers and project managers in performing duties such as terrain modeling, earthwork analysis, site utility conveyance and permitting, hydraulic design, storm water detention and water quality modeling and system design, preparation of construction drawings and technical specifications, and design and preparation of storm water pollution prevention plans. Candidate shall have the ability to work in a team environment involving multiple engineering disciplines as well as the clients’ management, operations, and maintenance staff. Work tasks may also include design, report writing, field investigations, cost estimating, construction observation, attendance at client meetings and overnight travel to project sites.
- A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Strong technical skills to include experience with Microsoft Office products with exposure to computer-aided drafting software, such as AutoCAD
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel and/or work in other CMT offices
- Ability to work in the field as needed
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to work at the job location area
- FE certification or the ability to obtain certification in anticipation of PE certification
- Previous internship or co-op experience in site development and drainage
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D
CMT is committed to individual opportunity and the professional development of our employees. This position offers an opportunity to take that next step helping reach your career goals and personal potential.
CMT is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CMT does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law. Please note that CMT does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.