AMI Consulting Engineers is accepting applications for a Civil or Coastal Engineer in the Great Lakes Region. We have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Civil or Coastal Engineer with proven on the job experience. This position seeks a person with high attention to detail who can assist our team with the successful completion of projects. You will be part of our Civil and Coastal Engineering departments to provide engineering support on National Parks, County Parks, Shorelines and Marine Civil Engineering projects. AMI staff love what we do and feel fortunate to be able to add additional staff to our team.
Why Apply For This Position
- Opportunity to work on fun projects in interesting locations across the country and abroad.
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career around your strengths with development of areas you’re passionate about.
- Mentorship by seasoned and talented engineers who are seen as experts in their field.
What Will You Do If Selected For This Position
- Develop technical reports, cost estimates and specifications that address the needs of our clients and stakeholders.
- Perform engineering design using AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Coastal modeling using Mike Software Suite (by DHI) and Xbeach.
- Design solutions to improve the places we live, work and play.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Experienced in grading and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proven ability with technical and specification writing
- Experience performing cost estimating for civil or coastal engineering construction projects
- Self-starter that is deadline driven
- Positive attitude, with a high work ethic
- Enjoys an ever-changing work environment
- Flexible work schedule to support project implementation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work full time
- Internship experience
- 5+ years of design experience
- PE certification or ability to become registered within 12 months
- Construction observation and administration experience
Wage and benefits package is dependent upon qualifications and experience of candidate. This position is eligible for the full company benefits package including:
- Competitive Salary, based on candidate’s experience
- Group Health Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Leave
- Professional Training and Development
About AMI Consulting Engineers, PA
AMI is a leading civil, environmental, marine, mechanical, and structural engineering firm that was established in 2006. AMI provides large company capabilities in a small company atmosphere with high standards of professionalism, quality control, and representation upheld throughout all projects. AMI has offices located in: Superior, WI (Duluth, MN); Virginia, MN; Vadnais Heights, MN; and Pensacola, FL. AMI believes in work/life balance and has a flexible work environment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at any employer and have a valid driver’s license.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about AMI Consulting Engineers here.